

I also have lofty goals of painting and decorating the kitchen as well....if I could only have a paint color that would match our ugly backsplash (which is tan and cream tiles) and medium brown cabinets. At first I was thinking tan, but then decided it would probably clash with the tan tiles in the backsplash and I wasn't too fond of a tan color to begin with because I don't think it would go well with our wood cabinets. Any ideas? Here are some picures of our kitchen currently (original paint and no decorations) :( As you can tell we need some help.


Hey Marissa, thought I'd give my two cents. I love looking at kitchen reno's at people's blogs, and I know that you probably don't have the money for a major one (I wish I could have one!), but what if you painted your cabinets white? It would be a huge change and one that you might like. You could then redo the backsplash at some point. Just a thought. Or try new hardware for a small change. Paint would help on the walls too, like you're thinking. What about a soft blue or green? Something different so you don't have to worry about matching any of the colors.
ReplyDelete