Thursday, June 24, 2010
Gaither's backyard menagerie
So yesterday I came home to three baby bats trying to crawl across our driveway so I scooped them up in a trash can and dumped them out at the base of our crab apple tree only to find the mama bat hanging upside down in that very tree. I watched the baby bats for awhile until the crawled to a weed that was tall enough to hang upside down from. Then tonight we go out to pick some blackberries and I showed Jeremy the bird's nest I found in the blackberries a couple days ago only now there are 4 eggs inside! I also found one broken egg on the ground and one not broken egg, so we put the one that is ok back in the nest. Anyone know what kind of bird's egg they are? Oh yeah, and we have some drain tile that we store under the deck that the rabbits think is the perfect place for their home and they are driving Toby crazy because he can't get inside the tube to get them. Well, what can I say, its never boring at our house.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment